Assalamu alaikum warahmatuLlah wabaratuHu!
Listening to Mansour Salim ‘s recitation of this surah really gives me the feels ❤ and this prompted me to go read the tafseer of the Surah.
وَلِلَّهِ مَا فِى ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَمَا فِى ٱلْأَرْضِ لِيَجْزِىَ ٱلَّذِينَ أَسَٰٓـُٔوا۟ بِمَا عَمِلُوا۟ وَيَجْزِىَ ٱلَّذِينَ أَحْسَنُوا۟ بِٱلْحُسْنَى (٣١ )
31. And to Allah belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth, that He may requite those who do evil with that which they have done (i.e. punish them in Hell), and reward those who do good, with what is best (i.e. Paradise).
ٱلَّذِينَ يَجْتَنِبُونَ كَبَٰٓئِرَ ٱلْإِثْمِ وَٱلْفَوَٰحِشَ إِلَّا ٱللَّمَمَ ۚ إِنَّ رَبَّكَ وَٰسِعُ ٱلْمَغْفِرَةِ ۚ هُوَ أَعْلَمُ بِكُمْ إِذْ أَنشَأَكُم مِّنَ ٱلْأَرْضِ وَإِذْ أَنتُمْ أَجِنَّةٌ فِى بُطُونِ أُمَّهَٰتِكُمْ ۖ فَلَا تُزَكُّوٓا۟ أَنفُسَكُمْ ۖ هُوَ أَعْلَمُ بِمَنِ ٱتَّقَى. (٣٢
32. Those who avoid great sins (see the Quran, Verses: 6:152, 153) and Al-Fawahish (illegal sexual intercourse, etc.) except the small faults, verily, your Lord is of vast forgiveness. He knows you well when He created you from the earth (Adam), and when you were fetuses in your mothers’ wombs. So ascribe not purity to yourselves. He knows best him who fears Allah and keep his duty to Him [i.e. those who are Al-Muttaqun (pious – see V. 2:2)].
Location : Makkan
Ayats : 62
• Allah knows every matter, whether small or big & He rewards each according to his or her deeds, good for good & evil for evil.
• Allah asserts that He is the King & the Owner of the Heavens and the Earths & He is independent of the need for anyone.
• Allah stated that the good doers are those who avoid major sins & immoral sins. They sometimes commit minor sins, but they will be forgiven these minor sins and covered from exposure as Allah mentioned in another ayah,
إِن تَجْتَنِبُوا۟ كَبَآئِرَ مَا تُنْهَوْنَ عَنْهُ نُكَفِّرْ عَنكُمْ سَيِّـَٔاتِكُمْ وَنُدْخِلْكُم مُّدْخَلًا كَرِيمًا
If you avoid the great sins which you are forbidden to do, We shall remit from you your (small) sins, and admit you to a Noble Entrance (i.e. Paradise). ( Suratul An-Nisaa, verse 31)
• Allah’s statement , “verily, your Lord is of vast forgiveness ” asserts that His Mercy encompasses everything, & His forgiveness entails every type of sin, if one repents.
قُلْ يَٰعِبَادِىَ ٱلَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُوا۟ عَلَىٰٓ أَنفُسِهِمْ لَا تَقْنَطُوا۟ مِن رَّحْمَةِ ٱللَّهِ ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يَغْفِرُ ٱلذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا ۚ إِنَّهُۥ هُوَ ٱلْغَفُورُ ٱلرَّحِيم
Say: “O ‘Ibadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Suratul Zumar , verse 53)
L E S S O N S L E A R N T.
1. Allah is All Knowing whose knowledge encompasses all affairs.
2. Allah is Oft Forgiving and one shouldn’t despair when one commits sins. Allah will surely forgive you if you repent.
3. We shouldn’t ascribe purity, think highly of our actions or praise ourselves and neither should we do so with other people .